Monday, July 18, 2011

Osama bin Laden's death and writers


Osama bin Laden’s death was the biggest news of 2011. Every news channel in the world was running red tickers (the scroll on the bottom of the screen; red denoting Breaking News) for at least an hour before and an hour after U.S. president Barack Obama announced that the most-wanted man on the planet was dead in a covert operation by U.S. Special Ops forces.

Bloggers and journalists burned the keyboards of their computers with the speed with which they typed. Everyone wanted to be the first to write about the operation that killed Osama bin Laden.

I tried to blog about it, but ... well ... I’m too lazy for such things :) (that coming from a journalist, who specializes in breaking news stories in the newsroom. But this was for myself and not for the office – home and office are two different worlds for me).

So I decided to write a novel or a docu-novel on the incident. Again, others were faster than me. A friend of mine has written the docu-novel – a humongous feat, as he took only a month and half to write it. He’s asked me to edit it now and I intend to at least put my comments on his novel on this blog. By the way, my friend Husnan’s will be the first novel on Osama bin Laden’s death.

I stumbled on to this blog address accidentally. I was looking for a blog to publish my comments or novel on Osama bin Laden and during the search for such a novel, this address came up. I clicked it, naturally... but the blog was available for registration. I took it and here we are!

1 comment: